Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Remember Abraham!

...God tested Abraham’s faith. “Abraham!” God called. “Yes,” he replied. “Here I am.”
Genesis 22:1

What is your need?  Is your need so great that it seems to big for God himself much less for you to handle on your own?  Is your need small yet out of your control?  Are you fighting that still small voice that is urging you to be obedient to what the Lord has called you to?  Is your faith in the midst of a season of testing?

My friend, remember Abraham!  Abraham was obedient to the point of willing to sacrifice Isaac on the alter of the Lord out of pure obedience.  I see Abraham and Isaac walking along together and the child wondering were they were going and were the offering was...not knowing that he was the offering.  Abraham KNEW his God, he knew that the God of all creation would provide a sacrifice, he KNEW that he and his son would go to the alter were the Lord led them, that they would worship and that they would return together.  Abraham was in relationship with the Almighty and his faith in that final moment was in the provisional hands of God...behold, the ram in the thicket.

Isaac turned to Abraham and said, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “We have the fire and the wood,” the boy said, “but where is the sheep for the burnt offering?”
Genesis 22:7

I wonder how many of us are waiting while in relationship with the Father, living our lives in obedience to his call and yet we are waiting on his hands to move.  Abraham was so in relationship with our God that he told the servants to "hold the donkey, that they would return."  Abraham was a willing vessel and he knew that our God was a faithful God.

In the seasons of waiting the only thing to do is to keep walking, keep willing and remain focused on the steadfast faithfulness of the One most High.  I can assure you that after waiting for 10 years to hold my son that the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob moved on our behalf.  I can look back over my seasons of waiting for career opportunity, financial blessing and relationship building that God was busy behind the scenes making sure that everything was perfectly in place for His appointed time.

Do not be discouraged.  Trust Him.  Remain steadfast and obedient to the leading and promptings of the Holy Spirit and wait upon the Lord.  Just as he provided the ram for sacrifice at the last minute for Abraham...he will do the same for you, His child.  After all, we serve the God that is the same today, yesterday and always!

Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son.
Genesis 22:13


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe here....

There is to much about me for this little space. I think big and dream bigger. I love people. I love family. I love to be loved. I am a wife, mother, sister, Meme and friend. I am a believer in the Christ Jesus, I worship him and him alone. I am amazed at my abundant blessings and take each day as it comes. My life is a gift and I am forever grateful.

BOP on Twitter

Orphan Care

Great Reads

I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network